I didn't leave the Dublin airport, but I got a pretty good sense of Ireland from the Guinness Store in terminal.
...And of course the gratuitous Jameson's Irish Whiskey samples offered in the duty-free alky shop directly across from my departure gate. It was my first time having whiskey and I actually liked it more than I was expecting to!
After getting whiskey'd, it was time to go to Switzerland. I was only there for the evening and left at 6am the following morning for Austria. Consequently, I didn't see much in Switzerland. I thought the Basel train station was pretty, but eventually I realize that all old-ish buildings in Europe look like this. We ate at McDonald's for dinner. Paid about €2.50 for each of the Dollar Menu (US) hamburgers (I had two hamburgers). It was ridiculous. Switzerland is mad expensive and probably overrated. I only include "probably" because I was only there for 12 hours.Anyway, Basel train station. And a Mongolian BBQ and what appears to be an American-style pizza place on the way to Austria (in Switzerland).


No comments:
Post a Comment