- Classes started today (finally!). Here's the final list of classes ("modules") that I am taking:
- Introduction to Financial Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- Culture of Cities
- Introduction to Brain and Behavior
- Random Models
- Statistical Methods
- I have a lot of classes in the Alan Turing building, which is the home of the Maths department here. I think that's a pretty kickass name.
- The Sainsbury's (supermarket closest to my flat) has a whole aisle devoted to chips (French fries).
- British girls really don't like pants. I mean trousers; "pants" here means "underwear."
- British girls look very mature for their age. For one thing, I look younger than my flatmates, even though they are 3 years younger than me.
- Ivy and I signed up for street dancing class. The first lesson is this Thursday.
- It snowed today! According to my flatmate Sergei, this is the first time he's ever seen it snow during his entire time at Manchester thus far. I thought I had left the snow behind in Pittsburgh :-/
- My desk is almost clean.
- Apparently I don't have as much time as I thought I did to travel about.
- I've been cooking almost every meal. I'm getting better at making food that doesn't taste bland, which makes things more interesting.
- I watched the Super Bowl on BBC One. I wish I could've been in Pittsburgh to riot.
- I'm going to Liverpool this Saturday!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Housekeeping
I'm feeling kind of lazy right now and thus not in the mood to write in narrative or descriptively for that matter, but I would like to make some notes:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment